993 Member Jonas Harvey Is a Local Hero

Posted on October 17, 2013 9:30 am

Fighting a neighbour's garage fire sent a Rayleigh man to hospital for possible carbon-monoxide poisoning Tuesday night, while police and fire officials are investigating what exploded and blew the windows of the house beside.

Jonas Harvey said he was working on his truck in a friend's driveway across the street from 321 Stevens Dr. at about 5:30 p.m. when he heard an explosion.

"The main windows on the lower level and upper level of the house were blown out and the garage door was also blown out and you could see a fire and smoke coming out of the garage," he said.

Read Full Story

The Kamloops Daily News_ Fighting fire puts man in hospital