The IBEW 2017 Photo Contest: Hit Us with Your Best Shot
Posted on May 4, 2017 11:34 am
It’s time to get out your cameras and show the world what you do every day. The 2017 IBEW Photo Contest is open and all members are encouraged to enter.
Whether we’re behind the scenes recording breaking news broadcasts, building bridges or repairing downed power lines, the skills of the Brotherhood are unmatched. And for almost 20 years, members from the U.S. and Canada have submitted the pictures that tell those stories.
Photographs are a great way to capture a moment that tells the story of our membership. In the space of a few pixels, these images show the world who we are, what we do and how well we do it.
Now it’s your turn. What’s your story?
First place winners will receive $200, second place $150, third place $100 and honorable mentions $50. Winners are chosen by fellow members and the public.
The deadline is Oct. 31.
Photo Contest Rules:
- The contest is open to active or retired IBEW members only. The person submitting the photo must be the person who took the photograph. Members may enter more than one photo.
- International Officers and staff are not eligible.
- Photos can be submitted as digital files of at least 300 dpi, in color or black and white, on slides or prints. The preferred print size is 8x10. Click here for more guidance on electronic photo sizes.
- All submissions become the property of the IBEW Media Department.
- Photo entries must have an IBEW theme of some sort, with IBEW members at work, engaged in a union-related activity or subjects conveying images of the electrical industry or the union
- If members are featured in the photo, they should be identified. If large groups are pictured, the name of the group or the purpose of the gathering (e.g. a safety committee, a linemen’s rodeo, a union meeting) can be submitted in place of individual names.
- Photos previously published in IBEW publications or on the website are not eligible for submission.
- The preferred method of entry is through the Photo Contest application.
- If entering via U.S. mail, please fill out the contest entry form and affix it to each photo you submit for the contest and mail it to the
IBEW Photo Contest
900 Seventh Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
- Fifteen finalists will be selected and posted on www.ibew.org for final judging by the public. The winners will be featured in an upcoming issue of the Electrical Worker.