COVID-19 will be affecting all aspects of our lives, from simple social distancing to complete shut downs on jobs and projects. The only thing we really know now is that we know things can change day to day.
Remember that if you take a call you have made a commitment that affects other people, be it the contractor client or another member please call the hall immediately (24 hours or less) and let dispatch know. Turning back a call days later will incur penalties especially when a member behind you looses out on a job opportunity.
Information only, In no way can any of this information be considered a call for work. All calls will be handled as per call out procedure.
FYI Calls may be Enabled rates or conditions as allowed in Current Agreements check with dispatch “BEFORE” accepting clearance.
We are confident that 2020 will see more work opportunities in the Industrial Markets. We will need more Electricians than we have in our ranks by the end of the year and look forward to welcoming Travelers for the first time in many years.
- Canada LNG in Kitimat, Fluor and TL&T both on site now and expecting more calls 2020 train one Aug 2023 train two Jan 2024 Affected by COVID-19 precautions
- Site “C” Spillways GSS contract let to Aecon/Flatiron joint venture we are doing the Electrical with Houle.Affected by COVID-19 precautions
- Site “C Substation, FMI continuing in the spring Affected by COVID-19 precautions
- Kemano Tunnels project (T2) main tunnel boring. Frontier Kemper Aecon has project.Affected by COVID-19 precautions
- Kamloops Hospital, Ellis Don has the General Contract, Houle has Electrical. Project is now ready to start going vertical will have an update soon (Jan 10th or so)Affected by COVID-19 precautions
- Mills Memorial , No word as of yet, Houle has demolition/rebuild of Psychiatric wing
- Allied Infrastructure, Trans Canada 4 lane project slow start , we will have some electrical.Affected by COVID-19 precautions
- Site “C” Balance Of Plant (BOP) negotiations have concluded. This is the biggest of the site C contracts and what our end game has been. With this we will have secured 90% plus of all the work at Site “C” Dam. Balance of plant work to begin Summer 2020 Contract will be awarded in the Spring. Note* the contract has been approved, PLA rates, 14/7 fly in fly out.
- Site “C” Turbines and Generators, Stand alone PLA with Voith, Start dates TBA in 2020, with the main work scheduled for 2021-24? Waiting for powerhouse construction.
- MICA Creek FMI will have a few calls early February for transformers then more in April for controls.Affected by COVID-19 precautions
- Williston substation We have contractors bidding this now for a Summer start.