IBEW 993 Frequently Asked Questions



This is something that’s very poorly named.

You do not need a Travel Card to work in another local’s jurisdiction.

With a Travel Card, you are becoming a member of another local. You would do this if you’ve permanently moved to within the receiving local’s jurisdiction.

A better name for a Travel Card would be Transfer Card because you’re transferring to another local and becoming a member of that local.

When you request a Travel Card from your current local, you will need to have your dues paid 3 months months in advance to cover the period of time that it will take to process.

If you are a member of 993 and you drop a Travel Card into another local and you’re accepted, you will no longer be a member of 993. You will be a member of the local where you submitted your Travel Card.

To have your Travel Card accepted by 993, you will need to have lived in our jurisdiction for 1 year.

Link to individual FAQ

If you leave to site before your tests are confirmed you cannot check into camp or be reimbursed for any excess travel, etc. Members must ensure drug and alcohol test results, when required, are confirmed negative before reporting to or leaving for site.

In the case of a positive or even false positive, you will be on the hook for all your travel costs.

Pre-Access Testing, Travel
Link to individual FAQ

Click on a question with a "" beside it to see the answer